From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USB Mouse
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:33:02
1 On Feb 7, 2008 12:23 PM, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a USB mouse which likes to freeze up every now and then.
3 > Whenever I don't use my box for a little while (not necessarily long
4 > enough for the screen saver to kick in) and then touch the mouse, it
5 > will freeze right away or within a few seconds. Leaving X and starting
6 > X again doesn't fix the problem: I have to actually reboot.
7 >
8 > The only "solution" I have found is to make sure I use the keyboard to
9 > "wake up" the system. If I touch a key and wait a few seconds (that's
10 > important; if I use the mouse too fast it may still freeze up), I can
11 > safely use the mouse again without any trouble.
12 >
13 > So it looks like the USB mouse is going to sleep after a short period
14 > of inactivity and then refuses to wake up ... unless I use the
15 > keyboard first. There's a "USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup" in
16 > the kernel which I have made sure to deselect but that doesn't fix the
17 > problem.
18 >
19 > Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone explain to me why this
20 > is happening? Does anyone know of a real solution?
21 >
22 > P.S. I have been running with the sys-kernel/mm-sources kernel which
23 > seems to behave much better but it's not officially supported so I
24 > went back to the regular sys-kernel/gentoo-sources kernel. I notice
25 > it's improved since the last time I tried it (i.e. the mouse doesn't
26 > freeze up as often anymore).
27
28 Anyone?
29 --