From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up; bash now uses "readline" USE flag
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:06:51
1 120911 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I realize "-*" requires extra work, and I'm willing to do it.
3 > That includes finding solutions to obscure problems.
4
5 I've been using '-*' to begin the list of flags in make.conf forever;
6 I do have a list of the flags I've en/disabled & why.
7 The only time I've been ambushed was this week on a new machine,
8 when the devs changed the status of 'cxx' for Gcc-4.5.4 without a news item;
9 it was fairly straightforward, if time-consuming, to fix the problem.
10 I do try to notice when 'emerge -pv' marks a change of flag.
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca