From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about selecting ebuilds from local overlay
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:49:40
1 On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:31:05 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > 1) What if I want to use the standard ebuild and ignore my local ebuild
4 > (probably quite rare)?
5 >
6 > 2) How would I select the the specific version I want (they all have the
7 > same ebuild name) if I have multiple local overlays?
8 >
9 > I could tweak the overlays setting in /etc/make.conf or rename a local
10 > overlay directory, so that it doesn't get seen as an overlay, but that
11 > seems rather heavy-handed.
12
13 The last named overlay has the highest priority, the standard portage
14 tree the lowest. Rather than mess with make.conf, you could override
15 PORTDIR_OVERLAY on the command line
16
17 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/my/preferred/overlay" emerge foo
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.