From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openjdk-6-jdk
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:45:24
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > For openjdk-6-jdk [1] I'm not sure what my options are as it (or a newer
5 > version?) is required by mesos-0.19-1. I did see these in portage:
6
7 > Some discussion and guidance would be keenly appreciated, as I'm not at all
8 > up on the current gentoo java issues.
11 Ok, so I found the gentoo java wiki [1].
12
13 So if I'm comprehending this correctly, icedtea is openjdk it just
14 uses 100% open source tools to build the jdk as opposed to the fact
15 that openjdk uses proprietary tools to build?
16
17 I'm still a bit confused on the options for jdk, (openjdk) any
18 limitations, gotchas, thnings_to_avoid; so some recommendations
19 would be beneficial.
20
21 James
24 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Java#Installing_a_JRE.2FJDKs