From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: weather forecast plasmoid refuses to find Perth in Australia as a location
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 02:01:57
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 02/18/2010 10:09 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On Thursday 18 February 2010 08:47:47 ubiquitous1980 wrote:
4 >>> I am having issues using the weather forecast plasmoid in KDE 4.3. It
5 >>> will not allow me to show the weather for Perth in Australia using the
6 >>> BBC or other sources.
7 >>
8 >> As someone else posted yesterday, upgrade to 4.4
9 >
10 > If the services supported by KDE don't find your location, you might
11 > also want to install kde-misc/yawp. It will install two additional
12 > weather services, AccuWeather and Google Weather Service, neither of
13 > which are offered by KDE. Weather info for my location for example is
14 > only offered by AccuWeather.
17 Thanks Nikos. That resolved the issue. Now using AccuWeather with the
18 weather-forecast-plasmoid