From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} dedicated server or cloud server?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:58:26
1 Am 14.12.2012 08:49, schrieb Grant:
2 > Would everyone here be in favor of a dedicated server over a cloud
3 > server from a host with good cloud infrastructure? The cloud server
4 > concept is amazing but from what I'm reading a dedicated server at the
5 > same price point far outperforms it.
6 >
7 > - Grant
8
9 Last time I did the calculation, a dedicated or normal virtualized
10 infrastructure was more cost effective as long as you could accurately
11 predict the performance you need.
12
13 Cloud services only really help if you need a high dynamic range
14 regarding scale and performance, e.g. a service that could get a lot of
15 new users very fast or is only really active for short time spans.
16
17 Regards,
18 Florian Philipp