From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:43:07
1 Am 08/18/11 09:50, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 06:45:14 +0200, Norman Rieß wrote:
3 >
4 >> Concerning the "Atom not fast enough for compiling"-Problem. I compiled,
5 >> run and update a Gentoo System on a AMD Geode LX, which is way less
6 >> powerfull and it works just fine.
7 >
8 > That's just plain masochism. I have one of those and even installing from
9 > binary packages is painfully slow.
10 >
11 > I have three Atom machines here, a small server, a netbook and a nettop
12 > used as a MythTV frontend, and the only compiling any of them do is for
13 > their kernels.
17 I am not sitting in front of it watching stuff scroll by and its
18 funktion (Wifi-Accesspoint) is not affected by compiling...
19 Sure it takes a little longer, but why should i care.
20
21 And compiling on the Atoms is not worth a mention... my pentium m is
22 less snappy.