From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HELP! partition table is corrupted
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:21:43
1 On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:01:08 +0100, pat wrote:
2
3 > My brother has a second disk where was two partitions formated as NTFS
4 > (the big one) and FAT32 (small one), but something brakes the partition
5 > table and now there are two linux partition tables +/- the size of the
6 > previous logical drives.
7 >
8 > Which SW should I use to recover the original partition table? I think
9 > about gpart, but does it has a GUI? I'm not guru at this :-\
10 >
11 > I know the next version is to format whole drive, but there are photos
12 > of his daughter and not backup ... .
13
14 Try photorec from app-admin/testdisk. It should recover most files if the
15 disk has not been written to since the corruption. No GUI but it does
16 have a man page :)
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics