From: hb-xxl@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with Portage profile override
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:03:48
1 Hi!
2
3 I do have a problem using /etc/portage/profile/package.provided. At
4 first I added some other packages to this file and got the expected
5 functionality. Then I added sys-apps/busybox-1.16 to package.provided.
6 It works and portage detects the entry on an emerge, but it prints a big
7 fat warning, that busybox has been excluded and suggests deleting from
8 worlds file or removing from the package.provided file. But busybox
9 isn't in the worlds file. And removing it from the package.provided
10 files leeds to emerge trying to install busybox 1.15.3 which conflicts
11 with my manual installation of busybox 1.16.0 (or daily snapshot).
12
13 How is it possible to disable this warning message from emerge, because
14 it's half a screen full of text on every merge and scrolls off a lot of
15 other wanted information from the screen?
16
17 If any additional Information required please feel free to ask. I'm new
18 to gentoo and portage but otherwise a C programmer and more or less an
19 linux expert.
20
21 Thx for your help.
22