From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old cyrus-imapd from overlay
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:30:46
1 On Wed, February 29, 2012 9:10 am, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 2012-02-29 08:23, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
3 >> Stefan,
4 >>
5 >> I haven't had problems with upgrading, but I didn't "wait" this long.
6 >> Eg. I didn't migrate from 2.1 to 2.4 directly.
7 >
8 > *SIGH* ;-)
9 >
10 >> I would suggest you check on the cyrus-imap mailing list (see bottom of
11 >> email) for tips. Installing it is simple, but there are a few changes
12 >> with
13 >> some of the files.
14 >>
15 >> A safer method would be running the 2 versions in parallel and using
16 >> imapsync or something similar to copy the email over to the new version.
17 >
18 > Sure, yes. I have to research how to do that for hundreds of mailboxes
19 > in one command ...
20
21 There is an example for this on the project homepage:
22 http://imapsync.lamiral.info/
23 All you need is the usernames/passwords for the different users.
24
25 > I have 2.4.12 on the newer box already, will look that up asap.
26
27 If you want to still try to copy the mail over, you need to look into
28 converting the *.db files.
31 Joost