From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] managing local IP's
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 03:43:05
1 On February 24, 2017 12:55:26 AM GMT+01:00, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >I have two networks connected over VPN
3 >
4 >1st Network has 3-box (only one active)
5 >2nd Remote Network has 4-boxes (only two active at any given time)
6 >
7 >All boxes are configure to run: Hylafax, Asterisk (but only one at a
8 >time act as a server).
9 >
10 >Various external devises like Sipur, Audiocodes has to be configure (IP
11 >change) to register to Asterisk server; if I switch a box that acts as
12 >a
13 >server, I need to login to each device and change the IP.
14 >
15 >Hylafax is relatively simple to switch, but "yajhfc" that view the
16 >faxes
17 >has to have an IP changed.
18 >Audiocodes - is a nightmare to change IP.
19 >Local Asterisk registers with Remote Network over VPN so IP's need to
20 >change as well.
21 >
22 >Is there an easier way to mange it?
23
24 Have the active server add a 2nd IP to its network interface and configure the clients to use that IP.
25 When switching to a different server (making a different one active), move that 2nd IP to the new active server.
26
27 This is how most active/passive failovers actually work.
30 Joost
31 --
32 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.