From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating overlay to modify net-fs/samba-3.6.18
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 00:43:26
1 On 09/12/13 01:00, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Yes of course, it make a great deal of sense now. Basically, your local
3 > overlay had no idea where the parent portage tree is or how to find it
4 > so couldn't find the eclass directory.
5 >
6 > As I understand it, this information used to be hard-coded magic and
7 > overlays would "just know where to look". Since recently, you have to
8 > configure it explicitly and not use hidden super-magic.
9 >
10 > You would have been getting confusing messages in emerge output about a
11 > faulty masters setting for overlays, pity we didn't spot that up front.
12 > Double pity that there wasn't a clear message or news item about what
13 > the error meant and the impact....
14
15 Thanks, Alan, for the great help! SAMBA is now up and running with my
16 custom changes...
19 Timur