From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing mailserver with ssh
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 05:56:49
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > I'm off now emerging netcat, but I noticed that there's also cryptcat
4 > which I assume is only useful if the remote server has twofish
5 > encryption enabled?
6
7 I suppose so. cryptcat makes then sense, when you use it as a
8 server. With *netcat*, you can use it as a server:
9
10 nc -l -p $port
11
12 This way, you can pipe any content to the net:
13
14 ls -la | nc -l -p 4711
15
16 You can then use netcat on a different system ("client system")
17 to connect to this port and pipe the output to somewhere else:
18
19 nc $host $port
20
21 like so:
22
23 nc $host 4711 > /tmp/ls.txt
24
25 Now you might want to encrypt the content. And that's where
26 cryptcat might be handy.
27
28 Alexander Skwar
29 --
30 I bought some used paint. It was in the shape of a house.
31 -- Steven Wright
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list