From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} backups... still backups....
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:17:57
1 On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 23:24:55 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > >> I'd rather lose my backups than lose my backups and give up root
4 > >> read/write to every system I back up. :)
5 > >
6 > > If you want to leave your backup server open to exploitation attempts,
7 > > maybe you should be looking at a different solution :)
8 >
9 > If "open to exploitation attempts" means accepting inbound connections
10 > from the internet then I agree. I'm grateful for your help with this
11 > Neil!
12
13 You're welcome. A pull system does rely on the server being secure, which
14 is why I don't use it for offsite backups to the cloud :-O
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "It compiled? The first screen came up? Ship it!" -- Bill Gates