From: Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing /home and swap
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 02:38:55
1 On Dec 28, 2011 7:52 AM, "Andrew Lowe" <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi all,
4 > I usually use Gentoo as my "normal" Linux but a third party app
5 I'm about to start using only runs on SUSE. To this end, I'm about to set
6 aside a smaller partition and install the minimal amnount of SUSE I need to
7 run the app. My question is regarding /home and swap. Is there anything in
8 my current Gentoo /home and swap that "locks" them to the Gentoo install or
9 can I share them between the two installs? What I mean by share is that
10 when I boot up Gentoo can I mount /home and swap and everything is fully
11 accessible and then reboot into SUSE and once again mount them and
12 everything is once again fully accessible?
13 >
14 > I'm not doing anything "snazzy" such as LVM or encryption, just
15 bog standard Linux. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Andrew
19 >
20 Another important factor is desktop environment. Various settings can cause
21 troubles in either ones.