From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Comparatively slow clang startup vs. gcc - reasons?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 03:29:51
1 On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM Holger Hoffstätte
2 <holger@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Can we do something about this? I remember that llvm had optional static
4 > libs, which apparently were removed completely. Is there something
5 > that can be done with linker tricks (better relocation info?) when
6 > building llvm/clang to speed up the .so loading?
7 >
8 > curious,
9 > Holger
12 Has anyone tested with -DLLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB=ON and
13 -DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=ON? It seems to be made to solve this kind of
14 issue.
15
16 LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB:
17
18 If enabled, the target for building the libLLVM shared library is
19 added. This library contains all of LLVM’s components in a single
20 shared library. Defaults to OFF. This cannot be used in conjunction
21 with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS. Tools will only be linked to the libLLVM
22 shared library if LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB is also ON. The components in
23 the library can be customised by setting LLVM_DYLIB_COMPONENTS to a
24 list of the desired components.
25
26 LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB:
27
28 If enabled, tools will be linked with the libLLVM shared library.
29 Defaults to OFF. Setting LLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB to ON also sets
30 LLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB to ON.