From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 03:42:11
1 On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 04/16/14 23:46, Stroller wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Wed, 16 April 2014, at 4:34 pm, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> …
7 > >> 1. What is better to use as OS-storage: USB-stick or SD-card?
8 > >> I have read horror stories about SD-cards being fried/bricked
9 > >> quite frequently so I'm a little scared. But I never found
10 > >> single post about problems with USB-stick...
11 > >
12 > > In terms of frying/bricking USB sticks are just the same kind of flash memory as in SD-cards, surely?
13 > >
14 > > Both are $8 for 16GB of storage, so wear / failure is only a concern if the server is to be inaccessible.
15 > >
16 > > Stroller.
20 > One for playing videos recorded on a myth system (nfs mount) - original
21 > 4G raspian SD overwritten with gentoo
22 > one used for low power storage (32gb SD) for a security camera ... stage
23 > the images on the rpi, power down the big stuff at night and when
24 > available move the files into the main storage (all automated).
25 >
26 > Both have been running since the first rpi model B's stated shipping
27 > with the only problem being the ext4 filesystem I chose to use (yuk)
28 >
29 > BillK
34 I'm curious about trying out f2fs on the rpi. What's the general
35 consensus on using it at this point in time? I know it's still very
36 new, but I haven't read about anything with regard to stability.
39 Alecks Gates