From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problems with slack and zoom: Was: ALSA wizard...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:32:41
1 On 2020-04-26, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:28 PM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On 2020.04.26 15:08, Jorge Almeida wrote:
6 >> [snip....]
7 >
8 >> I run a mostly stable amd64 system with selected ~amd64 packages. I
9 >> use both slack and zoom reasonably often, and have not had any install
10 >> related problems. (I don't necessarily TRUST either of them, but my
11 >> use of them is for a project with nothing particularly confidential of
12 >> private.) I'd say if you care enough to bother - start a separate
13 >> thread about why those two fail emerge for you. I seem to have
14 >> recurring problems with audio and/or video, but I'm pretty sure that is
15 >> hardware and/or system related - not due directly to either slack or
16 >> zoom.
17 >>
18 > I'll see about pulseaudio first, and if discord doesn't work even so
19 > I'll try that. Meanwhile, the ebuilds may change, or even go stable.
20
21 Any chance apulse works?
22
23 I don't use slack, discord or zoom, but last time I used software that
24 required pulseaudio (skype), apulse was enough.
27 Nuno Silva