From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild not inserting soname, therefore emerging zlib fails
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:53:38
1 On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Alberto Luaces <aluaces@×××.es> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have searched quite a bit for an error I'm having when emerging
5 > current zlib-1.2.5-r2. The problem is that somehow the soname is not
6 > written in the .so file, and the build process fails. I attach all the
7 > build logs in case I have some obvious misconfiguration that I should be
8 > aware of. I have not changed my CHOSTS or things like that.
9 >
10 > I recompiled the previous version and happened the same, but it seems
11 > at that time not having a soname was not forbidden by the ebuild and I
12 > got just a QA notice.
13 >
14 > If I try to compile zlib from the /var/tmp/portage... directory the
15 > library compiles fine and, in addition, the soname is included this
16 > time. I tried to trace the eclasses in order to know what was happening
17 > but I couldn't.
18
19 Hi,
20
21 Based on your settings I am guessing you have used distcc in the past,
22 even though you have disabled it now. I think zlib's configure makes
23 some changes based on if it thinks you use distcc or not. I would try
24 to unset CC in environment and remove -m32 from your CFLAGS and see if
25 it is any different. It's only a guess and you can change it back if
26 it doesn't work.
27
28 I would also select again your preferences in gcc-config and
29 binutils-config, run env-update and source /etc/profile just to be
30 sure everything is in working order. :)