From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnu screen - copy'n'paste
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:56:32
1 On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am using screen to log into my beaglebone embedded computer, which
5 > runs Gentoo (of course!) like this:
6 >
7 > ssh -t root@192.168.178.27 screen -R -d
8 >
9 > . This makes it possible to detach the terminal and shutdown the PC,
10 > while the beagle still runs processes...
11 >
12 > BUT:
13 > Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste things from my PC to a started
14 > session like the way described above.
15 >
16 > What is the problem here? ssh? screen? Or...simply my (mis-)
17 > understanding of the whole thing ?
18
19 What do you mean by "copy and paste"? C-k/C-y in the console?
20 C-S-c/C-S-v in an X terminal like gnome-terminal? Select by the mouse
21 and then middle click?
22
23 Regards.
24 --
25 Canek Peláez Valdés
26 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias