From: "András
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] screen, mc, htop
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:35:06
1 Hi all!
2
3 I'm here again.
4
5 So, the problem points is I can't decide what is the real problem. But
6 I can describe the symptomes.
7
8 I use screen lot of and I like it veery much. Few weeks ago - when I
9 reinstall gentoo, started this weird thing.
10 If I start mc in the screen nothings happen. I can see the cursos is
11 stop before the last line and waiting...
12 Generally first time the mc is start and I can work with. But, random
13 long time later the mc is start doing this stupid behavior what I
14 wrote upper. This thing is independent what I did. Last time is
15 started after I use vim to edit an file. Yesterday started after I
16 write in mc's command line 'df -h' and hit Enter.
17
18 If I detached screen I can start an mc. So, mc is working. If I
19 straced the process what is waiting I can see only this in the outline
20 of strace:
21
22 "read(0,"
23
24 In the screen I can't interrupt the process with Control-c or
25 Control-d. I can kill this process with C-a K but in this case the
26 screen windows will die too.
27 The screen do this with users and root user too. The 'screen -wipe'
28 command isn't solution. About my experiences the reboot is the
29 solution, only...
30
31 The important informations:
32 app-misc/screen-4.0.3 multiuser nethack pam -debug -selinux
33 app-misc/mc-4.6.2_pre1 7zip gpm ncurses nls -samba slang unicode -X
34
35 This information is enough or do you need more?
36
37 But there is an another crazy thing.
38 If I start htop - after the mc and screen started doing the strange
39 behavior - nothing happen. I detouch the screen and touch back the
40 htop is working fine.
41
42 I hope somebody can tell me what is the problem because I don't know. :(
43
44 Thank you!
45
46 András
49 - -
50 -- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
51 -- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell