From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blockage
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:04:42
1 Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 7:31 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> It looks to me like sysvinit-2.88-r7 was stabilized and the maintainer
6 >> of apcupsd didn't notice. From the ebuild for apcupsd-3.14.8-r2:
7 >>
8 >> DEPEND="
9 >> || ( >=sys-apps/util-linux-2.23[tty-helpers]
10 >> <=sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4
11 >> sys-freebsd/freebsd-ubin
12 >> )
13 >>
14 >> What I suggest is copy that ebuild to your local overlay and update the
15 >> DEPEND to <=sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r7 and redigest
16 >>
17 >> If that gives a correct update path for world, then file a bug against
18 >> apcupsd.
19 >
20 > Some commands were moved from sysvinit to util-linux, and these
21 > commands are required by apcupsd and are included in util-linux if
22 > it's compiled with the "tty-helpers" use flag.
23
24 Is this somehow reflected in the dependencies? And how could I deal
25 with the multiple versions of util-linux that seem to be required?
26
27 Perhaps I should forcefully update util-linux and use tty-helpers so
28 that apcupsd still works in case I reboot. But what other problems
29 might that cause?
32 What am I supposed to think? Should we not update unless no problems
33 are listed and just wait in case there are some, potentially having to
34 wait indefinitely? How about security updates then?
38 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
39 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.