From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:26:38
1 On Saturday 04 Jun 2011 16:47:50 Indi wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 05:27:32PM +0200, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
3 > > That is a example of Indi's headers when he was using usenet
4 > >
5 > > References: <gZHrQ-5lZ-27@×××××××××××××.it>
6 > >
7 > > <gZHLc-5Nq-5@×××××××××××××.it>
8 > > <gZJ0B-84I-1@×××××××××××××.it>
9 > > <gZVl7-3yX-7@×××××××××××××.it>
10 >
11 > Can't believe I never noticed that Bastard Operator From Hell
12 > reference in those headers, lol...
13
14 Well, I have to say that I still don't know if I'm looking at the same thing
15 like you guys. See the attached screenshot. Indi's messages do not break the
16 thread here and they look the same before and after the change she made.
17
18 As Alan says it may well be Kmail being clever with threading, but my setting
19 is already set to "Current Activity, Threaded" ...
20
21 However, looking at gmane I can see Indi's messages after she changed her
22 client were posted outside the thread. So I guess Kmail is being too clever
23 for its boots and corrects the broken thread irrespective of the headers. o_O
24
25 Knode (news reader) shows the threads broken and in a different order.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick

threads.png image/png