From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Document management solution [possibly a bit off-topic...]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:05:58
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
3 >> I think I want a "document management solution" - though I'm not sure
4 >> that everyone understands the same idea by the term.
5 >>
6 > This might be overkill:
7 > http://www.alfresco.org/
8 >
9 Alfresco is what I'd have called a content management system - as
10 opposed to a document management system. I'm interested in managing
11 archives of documents I have received from other people (in dead-tree
12 format)...
13 > Or maybe something like ScrollKeeper would suffice?
14 Scrollkeeper seems to target electronic manuals etc. (as far as I can
15 tell) - It doesn't appear to be focused on scanned documents. The
16 typical sort of documents I need to manage include monthly and quarterly
17 invoices and statements etc. from a wide variety of vendors.
18
19 Like Alfresco, I'd say that Scrollkeeper looks more like a content
20 management system than a document management system...
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list