From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hald is stuck
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:52:15
1 On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 19:26 -0400, Michael George wrote:
2 > I got home from work today to find that hald-addon-storage was stuck on
3 > disk I/O and holding the load at 1 or higher. I tried restarting hald
4 > in /etc/init.d, but that just caused hald-probe-storage to stick,
5 > driving the load to 2.
6 >
7 > I've never had this happen before and I haven't migrated to a new kernel
8 > or anything lately...
9 >
10 > Is there any way to fix that other than reboot?
11
12 What state is the process in? If it's in an "Uninterruptible sleep" (D)
13 mode then it won't die/continue until it gets whatever I/O it's
14 expecting. If it doesn't (e.g. there's something wrong with the device
15 it's held on to) then you'll probably have to reboot.
16
17 http://linuxgazette.net/issue83/tag/6.html
20 Albert W. Hopkins
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list