From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sound driver
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 03:03:38
1 > I've got a clevo portable runing a 2.6.9-r4 kernel. Upon boot, I get this
2 > popup (kde) message:
3 >
4 > X Informational - artsmessage
5 > Source server information message:
6 > Error while initialzing the sound driver:
7 > Device: default can be opened for playback (no such file or directory)
8 > The sound server will continue, using the null output device.
9
10 Well I managed to clear up this message, by changing the permissions
11 on /mnt/cdrom to 777....
12
13 But I still get no sound. I can control the cdrom via KsCD, even ejecting
14 the cdrom, but no sound, regardless of what cdplayer app I use.
15
16 James
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list