From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to execute some scripts after an emerge
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:29:55
1 On Saturday 07 October 2006 03:16, Robert Welz wrote:
2 > Are there hooks in portage with which I can execute some scripts after
3 > an emerge -u world? I need to check my libraries in the chroot jail :) I
4 > build for boinc today against their original counterparts in the file
5 > system. This would be nicer than having a cronjob looking after them at
6 > fixed intervals.
7 [SNIP]
8
9 Please explain what that script does, when exactly it is supposed to run and why you think it needs to use a hook in portage...
10
11 > Sorry for posting twice,
12 > but last mail seems to been lost somewhere.
13
14 As you can see e.g. at [1] it wasn't lost. In fact it had two replies within the first 30 minutes...
15
16 [1] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user
19 Bo Andresen