From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Connecting a Linux workstation to a Windoze server
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:52:27
1 On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:07:42 +1000
2 Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 > I have the situation where I work that it is a total M$ setup. Our
6 > workstations use DHCP to grab IP addresses from the Win2003 server. For
7 > various reasons I want to place a Gentoo box on the network. For some
8 > reason when I try to bring up the network interface on the Gentoo box,
9 > which has a dhcp client, the dhcp client times out and I can't obviously
10 > get an IP address.
11 >
12 > Does anyone know of any gotcha's or traps for young players when trying
13 > to get IP addresses from a Win2003 server from the Linux world?
14 >
15 > Any thoughts grealy appreciated,
16 > Andrew
17
18 Try running dhcpcd -d eth0
19
20 -d is debug, and may help you figure out what i going wrong.
21
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list