From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Problems: /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:05:21
1 On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:00:49 -0800, Michael Shaw wrote:
2
3 > I just tried to install Gentoo 2005.1 on a computer with one 9GB SCSI.
4 > When booting, I get the following error:
5 >
6 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 > Block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device
8 > The root block device is unspecified or not detected
10
11 Do you have the drivers for your SCSI controller compiled into the
12 kernel, not as modules.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 There are two standards for anything...
19 One for the U.S. and one for the rest of the world.