From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount with LXDE
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:55:57
1 On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:58:03 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2
3 > The ArchWiki link on Udev posted by James shows how to set a rule for
4 > un-mounting:
5 >
6 > ACTION=="remove", ENV{dir_name}!="", RUN+="/bin/su tomk -c
7 > '/usr/bin/pumount /media/%E{dir_name}'"
8 >
9 > Based on your feedback I suppose the same can be done (or is done?)
10 > with uam.
11
12 The problem with such a rule is that it is executed after the device is
13 removed, so it cannot unmount the filesystem cleanly. The only way to do
14 that would be for udev to know you were going to remove the drive before
15 you actually unplugged.
16
17 I thought that pcmanfm, the LXDE file manager, had a context menu option
18 to unmount.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 It's no use crying over spilt milk -- it only makes it salty for the cat.