From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto get rid of USE qt3support
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:10:38
1 On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Rudmer van Dijk
2 <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > there is a new qt and kde available, but it still has the annoying USE flag
6 > qt3support... is there a way to get rid of it? a lot of kde packages are
7 > complaining about qt3support and I don't want it.
8 >
9 > qt3 left my system a couple of years ago!
10 > so this is starting to get really annoying 8-(
11
12 Hi,
13
14 I think qt3support enables Qt3-compatible APIs in Qt4, but I don't
15 believe it causes you to pull in any actual Qt3 packages. I think it
16 is mainly to ease transition from Qt3 API to Qt4 API for porters. (I
17 don't think Qt3 is even in portage anymore)