From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Hardened vs Kali Linux
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 17:12:50
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Hubert Hauser <hubot@××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello!
4 >
5 > I want to learn from scratch securing Linux and ethical hacking. Should I
6 > do as the most people so install Kali Linux on virtual machine or install
7 > Gentoo Hardened with Pentoo overlay on my PC? I heard a lot of negative
8 > opinions about Kali Linux.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Best regards, Hubert Hauser.
14 Kali's spectacular, but I don't recommend it for "everyday" use. It's
15 designed to stand-up quick, do a pentest, and tear it back down when you're
16 done. I ran a subset of the pentoo overlay on a laptop for a while, and
17 while it was nifty to have some of those tools on hand, it wasn't enough
18 for me to justify having them installed 24/7, and it never felt as complete
19 as Kali does for the job.
22 Poison [BLX]
23 Joshua M. Murphy