From: "Anders Trobäck" <public@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: vladimir@×××××××××.info
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Winbind...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:14:55
1 On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:25:50 +0400
2 "Vladimir Rusinov" <vladimir@×××××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > On 7/27/07, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > I have not done anything with my PAM files yet but I think this
7 > > > step should work anyway!(?)
8 > >
9 > > I have found `getent passwd` and `getent group` not to work entirely
10 > > as expected.
11 >
12 > EG:
13 > > $ getent group | grep -i dave
14 > > domain users:x:
15 > > 10000:administrator,support_399845a0,krbtgt,iusr_bodmin,iwam_bodmin,mobi
16 > > le user tmpl,user tmpl,power user tmpl,administrator tmpl,sbs backup
17 > > user,ned,usertemplate-
18 > > lanesre,evelyn,tim,charlotte,dave,mandi,kim,vebra,deanne,alex,laura,anne
19 > > ,anne.h,gillian,maintenance,gail
20 > > $ getent passwd | grep -i dave
23 > I had the simular problem.
24 > I had winbind uid range 1000-10000, and I had real user with uid 1001.
25 > Solution was to set uid range to 1010-10000.
26 >
27 > My advice is to move on to the next step (PAM) & see what happens. I
28 > > have always worked off the "Testing Things Out" section of Chapter
29 > > 24 of the Samba manual, "Winbind: Use of Domain Accounts" <http://
30 > > www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html>
31 > > and have always found following it to work perfectly, but winbind
32 > > doesn't seem well-documented elsewhere or by 3rd parties.
35 > Also, try to add winbind everywhere at nsswitch.
36 > I can't reach my config now, but I'm sure I have more the 2 winbind
37 > lines at nsswitch.conf.
38 >
39 > PS: sorry for my English.
42 Hi,
43
44 I have the rid set to 10000-20000 and I have no local users in that
45 range!
46
47 I can chown and chgrp but still getent are not working...
48
49 However, I did add the winbind to the system-auth like this:
50 auth required pam_env.so
51 auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
52 auth sufficient pam_unix.so use_first_pass likeauth nullok
53
54 account required pam_unix.so
55
56 password sufficient pam_winbind.so
57 password required pam_cracklib.so difok=2 minlen=8 dcredit=2
58 ocredit=2 retry=3
59 password sufficient pam_unix.so nullok md5 shadow use_authtok
60 password required pam_deny.so
61
62 session required pam_limits.so
63 session required pam_unix.so
66 Now I can ssh to the box but I as soon as I are logged on I'm kicked
67 off!
68
69 Any ideas?
72 \\anders
75 PS. Don't forget...I'm new to Gentoo:-)
80 Microsoft is not the answer.
81 Microsoft is the question.
82 And 'No' is the answer!
84 Anders Trobäck