From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 07:22:29
Hi.  I have been trying to get systemd to boot, but I have run into
several problems and need some help.  I am using everything but /boot as
lvm's, with a separate user partition.  I had to copy systemd to /sbin
because the initrd looks for the realinit too soon, but that is maybe
another matter.

I had set confirm_spawn=y in the kernel command line, but it only waits
a short time and then says assuming positive response and tries to
continue -- how can I get it to wait for me?  Also, even so, it died on
mounting of my lvms, saying there was some kind of timeout and came to a
complete halt (maybe it was a shell, but no prompt) after all those
failed, so I could do nothing much.  Openrc works fine, but I was trying
to get gnome to work, so I was trying to use systemd.

It saved no logs (none I can find), but then again /var was not mounted.

--
How do
you spend it?

         John Covici