From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VFS: Cannot open root device - kernel panic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:49:46
1 I have an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2 processor. One Seagate SATA drive. An IDE CD-RW. Pretty much all
3 the controllers on the board are Intel.
4
5 I did re-set the clock, after which the make stopped complaining.
6
7 One concern I have - when I configure the kernel, I fail to see where
8 libata option is for the SATA driver... I scoured the whole
9 menuconfig a few times but for some reason get the feeling like there
10 are some options missing or something. I just recently set up a
11 Gentoo box on another machine, and kernel config gave me no problems
12 whatsoever, unlike now. That time I did it, I remember seeing the
13 libata option in the kernel, and now I don't see it... I think it's
14 the same kernel version 2.6.20-r8 that I installed on my other box.
15 Maybe I'm just going nuts (which I am).
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list