From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.3 Media Manager DCOP Error
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 03:37:57
1 Jason Weisberger wrote:
2
3 > List,
4 >
5 > Here's a new one. I ended up hard booting my system without shutting
6 > down first because I spilled beer on my keyboard...... ok, now that
7 > you're done laughing, here's the problem:
8 >
9 > localhost jbdubbs # /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kded
10 > FATAL: DCOP communication problem!
11 > Aborted
12 >
13 > On session start, KDE show an error:
14 >
15 > KDE Media Manager not running!
16 >
17 > I guess there's something wrong with dcop, but I can't figure out what
18 > to do about it. I'm sure that people who keep beer FAR away from
19 > keyboards like smart people would know what to do :)
22 > --
23 > Jason Weisberger
24 > jbdubbs@×××××.com <mailto:jbdubbs@×××××.com>
27 I have not rebooted but I did logout of KDE and start getting the same
28 error about the media manager not running when KDE comes back up. KDE
29 3.5.3 here. I have noticed that CDs don't show up as fast when inserted
30 and the pop-up doesn't come up anymore. I think I updated kdelibs the
31 other day. Did you do the same recently??
32
33 At least know I know it is not just me.
34
35 Dale
36
38 --