From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] utf fonts not working right
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:50:32
1 On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM, smallnow <smallnow@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > http://www.openmobilefree.net/index.php?entry=entry090125-211840
3 >
4 > This page works fine on default fonts of other distros. For me, its got blocks
5 > for all the asian characters.
6 >
7 > I've been through the gentoo documentation utf guide. I'm using deja-vu font in
8 > firefox, although it seems to be the same on some other random fonts i've tried.
9 >
10 > The utf-8 guide says to enable cjk use flag but that seems to be deprecated
11 > since equery says its only used by 4 packages, none of which I have installed.
12 >
13 > Why does gentoo not default to utf-8 support?
14 >
15 > - Ian
16
17 Works for me... what is your character encoding set to in firefox?
18 (View -> Character Encoding)... it comes up as GB2312 on mine and
19 everything looks good to me.