From: Daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mplayer + compiz + x11-drivers/xf86-video-i810-2.0.x = busted video
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 05:20:53
1 On July 15, 2007 04:00:21 am Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > My guess is that there isn't enough memory in the system. I'm using an
3 > integrated nvidia card and I have 1GB RAM installed on my PC. So my
4 > video card uses (some of the) system memory. When I run beryl with too
5 > many applications open there comes a point at which every new window is
6 > black. If I close some programs everything gets back to normal. This
7 > makes me think the "black window effect" means "not enough memory".
8 >
9 > So, you may try to free some memory and run your videos again.
10
11 That's not a memory limitation, that's a driver limitation:
12
13 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_nVidia_GL_Desktop_Effects#Black_Window_Bug
17 I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with
18 sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
19 - Galileo
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list