From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backing up KDE config files
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 20:17:35
1 Peter Böhm wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2022, 15:10:00 CEST schrieb Dale:
3 >
4 >> [...] but couldn't figure out
5 >> how to get rsync to do that yet.
6 > I am using app-backup/luckybackup as "frontend" for rsync (because I am using
7 > KDE/QT).
8 >
9 > Many Greetings,
10 > Peter
11
12 Looks interesting but I've already updated my scripts.  If I had known
13 about that before, that could be a option.  Like the GUI part.
14
15 Another interesting tidbit I found about rsync, --dry-run.  When trying
16 to figure out --exclude directories, that is a awesome thing to use.  It
17 just shows what it wants to do but does no copying.  That --exclude
18 option always gives me grief.  I eventually get it to work but takes
19 effort.  lol
20
21 Dale
22