From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] One line script for md5sum
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 01:28:48
1 On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 23:49:50 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi All,
5 >
6 > Is there a clever way to enter a string (rather than write a script
7 > file) so that md5sum will check a whole series of files in one go and
8 > report success or error; I was thinking along the lines of if $value
9 > is ... then md5sum -c ..., but my non-existent scripting knowledge
10 > won't take me any further. I want it to check a series of files
11 > named tokena, tokenb, tokenc, ... , etc.
12
13 purely in the spirit of coming up with the simplest one...
14
15 md5sum -c token*
16
17 RobbieAB