From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GDM kbd/mouse lockup after emerge --update on a stable amd64 platform - need hints to cure
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:07:26
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Mick<michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> You need portage-2.2 to be able to use sets.
4 > Sadly, 2.1.10.11 is the latest marked stable for ~amd64. (Or was, last
5 > time I synced.)
6 >
7 > It'll be nice when it's available, though.
10 I been using the unstable portage for a long time. Since I built this
11 rig if I recall correctly. It works fine but it does get updated pretty
12 regular. Zac is always adding some new frills and shiney things. ;-)
13 I wouldn't blame you for staying stable but it works fine here on my
14 amd64 and old x86 rig.
15
16 Dale
17
21 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
22
23 Miss the compile output? Hint:
24 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"