From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:03:55
1 As of today, my apache2 web server seems to refuse to start. I've tried a
2 system reboot, to no avail --
3 connections are refused on port 80.
4
5 In /etc/init.d it looks like this: if I try to start it, it says it's
6 already started. netstat says there's no listener
7 on port 80. If I try to restart it, it cannot start a listener. I'm really
8 bummed.
9
10 Any ideas how to get this going again?
11
12 Here's a short look at what I was doing in /etc/init.d
13
14 treat init.d # ./apache2 start
15 * WARNING: apache2 has already been started.
16 treat init.d # ./apache2 restart
17 * Stopping apache2 ...
18 httpd (no pid file) not
19 running [ ok ]
20 * Starting apache2 ...
21 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
22 64.166.164.49:80
23 no listening sockets available, shutting down
24 Unable to open
25 logs [ ok
26 ]
27 treat init.d # ./apache2 start
28 * WARNING: apache2 has already been started.
29 treat init.d # netstat -l --inet
30 Active Internet connections (only servers)
31 Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
32 State
33 tcp 0 0 *:printer *:*
34 LISTEN
35 tcp 0 0 *:2222 *:*
36 LISTEN
37 tcp 0 0 t:domain *:*
38 LISTEN
39 tcp 0 0 treat.kosmanor.c:domain *:*
40 LISTEN
41 tcp 0 0 localhost:domain *:*
42 LISTEN
43 tcp 0 0 *:ipp *:*
44 LISTEN
45 tcp 0 0 *:smtp *:*
46 LISTEN
47 tcp 0 0 localhost:rndc *:*
48 LISTEN
49 netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)' on this system.
50 treat init.d # netstat -l --inet -n
51 Active Internet connections (only servers)
52 Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
53 State
54 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:515 0.0.0.0:*
55 LISTEN
56 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:2222 0.0.0.0:*
57 LISTEN
58 tcp 0 0 192.168.1.149:53 0.0.0.0:*
59 LISTEN
60 tcp 0 0 64.166.164.49:53 0.0.0.0:*
61 LISTEN
62 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:53 0.0.0.0:*
63 LISTEN
64 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:631 0.0.0.0:*
65 LISTEN
66 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:*
67 LISTEN
68 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:953 0.0.0.0:*
69 LISTEN
70 netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)' on this system.
71 treat init.d #
74 Any ideas? What else could I look at?
77 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD