From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:39:45
1 On Wednesday 31 January 2007 13:22:36 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > KDE is in so far better as it doesn't forbit parallel compiling - as OO
3 > does. So I can use distcc and let all my boxes contribute. That brings the
4 > compile time of KDE down a lot. Unfortunately, that isn't possible with OO.
5
6 Actually it isn't impossible with OOo. It just isn't reliable enough to be
7 enabled by default yet. `export WANT_MP=true` will enable parallel compiling.
10 Bo Andresen