From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers stopped working
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:14:45
1 On Montag, 6. August 2007, Ernie Schroder wrote:
2 > On Sunday 05 August 2007, a tiny voice compelled Volker Armin Hemmann to
3 >
4 > write:
5
6 > > > NO! The newer drivers build but warn of MTRR support lacking on my
7 > > > card.
8 > >
9 > > and you have checked that you have mtrr support in the kernel?
10 >
11 > first thing
14 ;)
17 > > > Funny I thought that it was there. It's a gforce4 ti 4200.
18 > > > I had to revert to nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639. I guess the drivers got
19 > > > updated in a previous update and I missed the warnings. Funny it worked
20 > > > for over a week.
21 > >
22 > > emm, you might want to look up about 'legacy drivers' and 'supported
23 > > cards'.
24 >
25 > There you go. For my card I have to stick with the 1.0.96xx series drivers.
26 > might be time to look at building a new box.
27
28 luckily mid range graphic cards are cheap today ...
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list