From: "Yuri K. Shatroff" <yks-uno@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] BUG : kernel 4.5.1 and ALSA
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:59:31
1 Hi gentoo-users,
2
3 A few days ago I updated linux kernel to 4.5.1. Yesterday I got a disk
4 space overflow in my /home partition. Cleaned it up and rebooted, just
5 to run into the same issue today morning. Investigations revealed that
6 the `.xsessions-errors` had grown to tremendous 100G full of messages like:
7
8 AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_mixerProc: start failed: File descriptor
9 in a bad state
10
11 It is - *50G per DAY!*
12
13 Thinking about a possible cause and bearing in mind I've not updated
14 ALSA recently rather than the kernel, I went to the kernel's changelog
15 and found that version 4.5.2 fixes several ALSA-related bugs. I upgraded
16 immediately and got rid of the error.
17
18 So I advise everyone not to install the 4.5.1 kernel and suggest
19 removing it from portage ASAP. If anyone knows how I could submit such a
20 request, I'm all ears.
21
22 Thanks for your attention!
25 Regards,