From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: syslog-ng stopped showing kernel messages
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:59:43
1 On 2018-06-18, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > For some reason, syslog-ng recently stopped showing kernel messages.
4 > I can't figure out why. I don't rememver ever having klogd running,
5 > nor did I ever touch the default syslog-ng config file.
6
7 This appears to be a problem with the 4.18-rc1 kernel
8
9 Dropping back to 4.17 shows kernel messages in /var/log/messages using
10 the default syslog.ng config file just like it always used to.
11
12 [The 4.18 kernel was built from the .config file that was used for the
13 4.17 kernel.]
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow!
17 at BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-
18 gmail.com