From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gcc 5.3
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 20:41:27
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 10:18:27 -0500
Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:

> Hey, thanks for putting out gcc 5.3... > > Unfortunately, it fails to bootstrap on my machine. I am getting > differences between the stage 2 and stage 3 compilers and it's > dying... =(
I'm waiting for 5.3.1 before I even try to install it on my main desktop machine. But I've installed it in a virtual gentoo ~amd64 machine, so I know that the failure you are seeing was introduced when the 'jit' useflag was added to the gcc ebuild. You can work around the failure by installing 5.3.0 with the -jit useflag (which should succeed) and *then* switch to 5.3.0 using gcc-config before re-installing 5.3.0 with +jit. David mentioned that he succeeded by using gcc-4.9 but I had to use the workaround I described above.