From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gcc 5.3
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 20:41:27
1 On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 10:18:27 -0500
2 Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hey, thanks for putting out gcc 5.3...
5 >
6 > Unfortunately, it fails to bootstrap on my machine. I am getting
7 > differences between the stage 2 and stage 3 compilers and it's
8 > dying... =(
9
10 I'm waiting for 5.3.1 before I even try to install it on my main
11 desktop machine. But I've installed it in a virtual gentoo ~amd64
12 machine, so I know that the failure you are seeing was introduced when
13 the 'jit' useflag was added to the gcc ebuild.
14
15 You can work around the failure by installing 5.3.0 with the -jit
16 useflag (which should succeed) and *then* switch to 5.3.0 using
17 gcc-config before re-installing 5.3.0 with +jit.
18
19 David mentioned that he succeeded by using gcc-4.9 but I had to use the
20 workaround I described above.