From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: error scanning <directory>/
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:04:48
1 On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:37:01 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > That's almost exactly what I do, except I run an rsync mirror, so each
5 > machine syncs fro it.
8 That works OK, but then all the subordinate computers have to run a
9 sync. If you use nfs, it's a little slower access for the subordinates
10 to get the ebuild info and the dist files (not much!) but their portage
11 trees are automatically synced up when the server syncs, and
12 additionally, you can share distfiles downloads between computers (the
13 real benefit in my mind).
14
15 the only tricky part is that you need two mounts; a read-only for
16 portage tree itself, and a r/w for distfiles so that other computers
17 can download new software packages if they arent' already on the server.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list