From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ethernet card not working, tried tulip drivers...
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:32:10
1 Hi!
2
3 I just followed the (excellent, easily understandable) gentoo
4 installation handbook up to chapter 10, where it says to reboot. I did
5 so, but I had the same problem as the user here:
6 http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/networking-eth0-does-not-exist-gentoo-349330/
7
8 As suggested in there, I have recompiled the kernel with the tulip
9 drivers (everything under the tulip subtree in make menuconfig), copied
10 it to /boot, and booted it, but it still gives the same message. I have
11 verified that I am booting the newly compiled kernel with the tulip
12 drivers, but it still doesn't work.
13
14 Note that I do not have the same ethernet card as is mentioned in the
15 link above, and have not been able to find out exactly what it's name
16 is, besides the fact that the name includes "Tornado". Also note that it
17 worked fine in the Gentoo minimal installation cd.
18
19 To sum it up: How do I figure out what the name of my card is, and after
20 that, what driver do I need?
21
22 Thanks in advance!
23