From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone else's Gentoo unruly lately?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:23:58
1 My Gentoo systems get this way for one of two reasons:
2
3 Some config files get overwritten (make.conf was one time ) by accident
4 and a few packages get installed with the wrong build settings causing
5 random grief
6
7 system inconsistency, mainly with libraries. revdep-rebuild may or may
8 not help - if not, check all the meta files (`equery check portage`, and
9 then manually check make.conf etc) and do an 'emerge -e world' and go
10 make several (dozen) cups of coffee :)
11
12 BillK